Photographing a wedding solo is quite challenging. Shooting someone special day and once-in-a-lifetime event is such a most stressful thing you ever do as a creative. Carrying a full set of gear is quite difficult. Packing gears for shoot and unpacking after the shoot is such a headache and takes a lot of time and effort. However, you can use one camera to photograph a wedding by using these approaches. Carrying one camera, one lens and one flash is more comfortable as compared to carry a heavy bag. You can use different cameras like Nikon and Canon to capture awesome wedding photos.
In this article, Haythem Lafhaj gives few tips or suggests an approach on how to photograph a wedding with just one camera. This will simplify your wedding photography a bit.
Set up a plan
It is important to set your plan before starting shooting. The photographer should communicate and understand their clients because it is important to know what they expect or need from this shoot. Identify their interests and find out their priorities, so that you can capture everything according to their interests. You can’t afford to miss any moments which are important to them.
Here are some examples :
- These examples will help you to photograph a wedding with one camera. This will reduce your lot of stress.
- Split your time between photographing the bride and groom.
- Click some awesome pictures of the bride with their bridesmaid and also of the groom with groomsmen and don’t forget about the family members.
- Capture the moment when the bride is getting ready such as their makeup, hair, outfit, jewelry, shoes and so on. It is important to find a good spot to capture these items.
- After that spend time with the groom and capture some amazing photo of the groom while he is getting ready.
- Don’t forget to take a natural window light with a reflector. This will help you to get candid shots.
- Take pictures of the bride and groom in the main location that is indoor and outdoor both. Suggest them few pose to get the awesome pictures. Also, take solo pictures of a glamorous bride and handsome groom.
- Take a photo of the group that they will cherish throughout their lifetime.
- Shoot their dance by using different angles to get the perfect shot.
- The minimum amount of gear also helps to photograph a wedding, but time management is the most important to carry out the shoot with one camera.
I hope this post will help you to photograph a wedding with one camera. Pre-planning and time are the two important things for a successful shoot because this will help you to get a good shot. Please share your views with us in the comment section.